This video is a great example of the type of communication control you gain when using the Come-A-Long Rope to achieve the Come-A-Long Hitch.
As seen in all of Steve’s halter training videos. The Come-A-Long Rope delivers maximum communication to trainers while training their mules.
Halter Training with the Come-A-Long Rope
Unlike a rope halter, which communicates with minimal points of contact and with moderate effectiveness, the Come-A-Long Rope delivers simultaneous points of contact for commanding the animal during halter training. Using one rope you can communicate to go forward, go backward, turn right, and turn left. When the animal responds to the pressure from the Come-A-Long Rope, they are immediately rewarded with the release of pressure and, ultimately, comfort.
The Come-A-Long Rope is a triple strand wax coated rope made especially for Queen Valley Mule Ranch and to Steve’s specifications. Each rope measures 25′ 5/16″.
Contact the Ranch
Queen Valley Mule Ranch
1855 W Running Deer
Queen Valley, AZ 85118
- How to Install the Come-A-Long Rope On A Mule or DonkeyApril 30, 2018 - 4:47 pm
- Can A Horse Trainer Train A Mule?April 17, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- When to Use the Rope Halter or the Come-A-Long RopeApril 5, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- Getting Your Mule to Trust You And Catching Them In PastureApril 3, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- Trailer Loading – How to Successfully Load Your Mule or DonkeyMarch 29, 2018 - 12:00 pm