This video is a great example of the type of communication control you gain when using the Come-A-Long Rope to achieve the Come-A-Long Hitch.
As seen in all of Steve’s halter training videos. The Come-A-Long Rope delivers maximum communication to trainers while training their mules.
Halter Training with the Come-A-Long Rope
Unlike a rope halter, which communicates with minimal points of contact and with moderate effectiveness, the Come-A-Long Rope delivers simultaneous points of contact for commanding the animal during halter training. Using one rope you can communicate to go forward, go backward, turn right, and turn left. When the animal responds to the pressure from the Come-A-Long Rope, they are immediately rewarded with the release of pressure and, ultimately, comfort.
The Come-A-Long Rope is a triple strand wax coated rope made especially for Queen Valley Mule Ranch and to Steve’s specifications. Each rope measures 25′ 5/16″.
Contact the Ranch
Queen Valley Mule Ranch
1855 W Running Deer
Queen Valley, AZ 85118
- Feed and Nutrition Program for Mule FoalsMarch 20, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- Buying A Mule: Should You Buy A Young Mule or An Experienced MuleFebruary 20, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- Halter Training Your Mule or Donkey: Listening to the Lead RopeFebruary 15, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- Owning a Mule: We Are Not Desensitizing, We Are Halter TrainingFebruary 13, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- Halter Training: Why Mule and Donkey Owners Should Not Use Nylon HaltersFebruary 8, 2018 - 12:00 pm