The Packer Saddle is from the Steve Edwards’ Signature Series and comes with a 5 year tree warranty and a 5 year workmanship warranty – but you won’t need it…. this is made in the USA and bears the Queen Valley Mule Ranch emblem which means it is nothing short of the best.
The Packer Saddle is built “extra tough” to stand up to rugged everyday use. The saddle is built on MULE BARS which Steve has used for MULES AND DONKEYS SINCE 1981. The wooden tree in the saddle is covered with fiberglass coating. Design by Steve Edwards based upon decades of mule work.
To ensure proper installation Steve includes a saddle fitting video free with every saddle. This video will help you place your saddle, britchen, breast collar and cinches in the correct positions.
- Note from Steve: I use 5″ perforated neoprene cinches front and rear.
- Tip from Steve: When you tighten the front cinch tighter than the rear cinch this creates a cantilever action which pulls the saddle forward. This is why Steve has learned from the mule and donkey to have the rear cinch as the tightest cinch.
- 16″ or 17″ smooth seat
- Weighs 42 lbs. and is built with heavy duty materials and constructed with a heavy duty manufacturing process
- Mule and donkey designed rigging plate.
- The rigging plate allows for the cinch 4″ behind the front of the leg
- Fleece lined skirt comes with front & rear nylon latigos. (Cinches not included)
- FULL AND BUCKAROO padded seat are special order
- Stamping designs available – contact Steve for pricing
- 5-Year Warranty
Many mule riders prefer their own stirrups, but Steve has made his personal choice of stirrup available for purchase. Steve recommends Tapaderos as the safest stirrup and also offers a top of the line, LEATHER COVERED STIRRUP, which is the exact stirrup used inside the Tapadero minus.
Nylon Latigos Included with Your Saddle
Each saddle comes with 4 nylon latigos. Some customers ask about replacing the latigos with billets and we strongly discourage this. The cinches need to be balanced and centered which is why we ship with nylon latigos. Billets do not allow for the cinches to be centered and as a result, the saddle will roll and not be balanced. Billets result in the cinch being higher on one side than the other.
Allow up to 90 days for delivery.
Allow up to 30 days for stamping designs.